Ashhurst Tactical Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ashhurst Tactical Airsoft

The official forum for Ashhurst Tactical Airsoft members.

4 posters

Main Feedback thread: Saturday 26th (Birthday bash)

Mikey
    Mikey
    Major
    Major

Main Feedback thread: Saturday 26th (Birthday bash) Empty Main Feedback thread: Saturday 26th (Birthday bash)

Post  Mikey Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:58 pm

This thread is simply intended for feedback from the games yesterday. Post any constructive critisism, comments, likes, dis-likes, thanks, no-thanks - whatever. Honesty welcomed, arguements are not. If you disagree with someone else's post then DO NOT flame them, but DO post your own thoughts and discuss the reasons. I Thought yesterday went really well, and with a bit of communication we can all keep future events at the same or better standard.

Me first:)

The good:

Overall yesterday did go really well, and thanks for that go to everybody there - for acknowledging hits promptly, being considerate of each other and willing to share. There were many new people - (ok, we are pretty new to this Embarassed ) but everyone listened.

Fireworks diversions work really well, hard not to turn and look

The could do better:

I think in future when a club member invites soemone new along they should take responsibility for ensuring that PPE (personal protective equipment - ie eye protection), bb's, and a bb gun are organised for that person in advance. It all worked out this time round, but it felt very unprepared. New people are always going to be welcome, but the person who invited them needs to be prepared to 'host' their friend for that day at least, ensure they have what is required and teach them how to play. This will be way more important in the future now that ATA has around 20 signed members.

We need more adults / parents. It gets a lot harder to find spare time as you get older for some reason Neutral but it would be of great benefit to us to have an adult/parent playing on each team, as well as marshalling. A ratio of 1:6 would be ideal.

Organisation between rounds - with fast paced games (like the RC grab race) each team should take with them to their bunker what they need to reload between rounds, so that when a round is won there can be a quick 3 minute reload/reset break, and then get into the next round already.

More good:

Elle has put up some pics in the gallery from yesterday. Sorry if you didnt get your picture in the news, better luck next time.

The Funny:

Banzai charges form Jono VK + Robert! Absolutely awesome....! Organising some covering fire would have useful thou.

The clinical:

Dan B. Hes been hunting and shooting a few times already, you can tell. Not fazed by banzai charges either. And also very polite when dishing out bb's, after watching him just 'double check' with Jono if he'd been hit yet or was still waiting to be served.

The sneakiest:

Has to be Marky. Suprised a few he did.

The biggest effort:

Tim and Ray - big props to you guys for trekking over for the day, making knives and all (please dont use them!), camo gear etc you are a great addition to the club. Ray is much cooler than his spelling suggests.

The games:

Be interested to hear what you guys thought.

Defend the bunker is pretty simple, but easy way to warm up and check that everything is working.

I thought the pop the balloons was good, but that might just be cos i laid it out and didnt have to play it. It caters for all kinds of airsoft guns in different capacities. Theres a few variations that could be played on the same basic theme too.

VC Trail is slower moving, but involved more thinking and an overall strategy, especially for the defending team. It does however disadvantage lower powered guns significantly, the weakest (EBBs etc) almost completely ineffective. A nice change of pace in some ways, and theres more variations on that yet.

RC grab, spur of the moment idea. Ran nice and quick, you wouldnt want to do that all day. Balances out the different guns a bit better, in fact theres scope for unarmed people to be useful. Really rewards the team with some daring.

Cature the flag Road Cone. Looked like fun. In the denser bushy bit again allows all the guns present to be useful in some way, and allows for all different playing styles to be used.
    Mikey
    Mikey
    Major
    Major

Main Feedback thread: Saturday 26th (Birthday bash) Empty more

Post  Mikey Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:31 am

Capped BB games:
    As part of some games we could restrict SEGs to lo-cap mags, or only 30 usuable bbs in a standard mag.

Aiming:
    I noticed some are rather inexperienced when it comes to aiming / firing etc. It might be a good idea to have an afternoon meet just centering around how to move and aim, target acquisition, distance judgement etc. Also gun care and cleaning.

Club stuff:
    Important: ATA is simply a group of people with a common interest. The only reason the club exists is because of its members and for its members. Our members need to be committed to supporting the club (each other). Everyone can contribute to the group in some way, be it coming up with ideas for events and organising them, locations to play at, organising events , whatever. The more you put in the more you get out. If everyone can be prepared to contribute in some way and accept it when things dont necessarily go their way, we will be very successful.
    pota
    pota
    Major
    Major

Main Feedback thread: Saturday 26th (Birthday bash) Empty Re: Main Feedback thread: Saturday 26th (Birthday bash)

Post  pota Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:19 pm

just for you i will spell better this one time,codos to you for comeing out and letting people use the guns and marchaling and setting up (and the fireworks where pretty cool also) by the way if a $10 note in there bag and possibley a ghille hood please can i have it back athough if you found the money its probly been spent What a Face I love you
    Timonkey
    Timonkey
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Main Feedback thread: Saturday 26th (Birthday bash) Empty Re: Main Feedback thread: Saturday 26th (Birthday bash)

Post  Timonkey Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:55 am

Good
    Trail game. cool. scenarios that you must think through are great. baloons were alright.

Suggestions
    Theme music? just like a radio blaring whilst we play. Smoke? but i think smoke grenades are illegal. My opinion we should get rid of bang kills, I do understand legal issues with broken faces and that sort og thing but i do seriously think we could get away with nil range. sure it would hurt, but that way you'll learn not to hug the enemy! i think time limits, when they finish maybe we should have a count down/blow horns as someone got annoyed at me sniping them when they had no idea the game had already started. No

Yay What a Face
    Mikey
    Mikey
    Major
    Major

Post  Mikey Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:43 am

Some good points.

I did comment at one point that bang kills were getting just a wee bit carried away, the original idea behind them was if the range was point blank and you were hiding waiting for them you could legitimately bangkill someone. point blank being < 3 m. There is also the option of calling out bangkills ie "Prove it!" which is in the rules.

Air horn / hooter has also been thought of and forgotten again. Worth remembering again.
    pota
    pota
    Major
    Major

Post  pota Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:17 pm

i do like the idea of bang kills being oblished it just means that piont blank wont happen because no one dum enough to hug the enemy well...mabey dan(sniker)
    Elle_Brock
    Elle_Brock
    Major
    Major

Post  Elle_Brock Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:32 am

Pros

Was good weather, missions worked out really well, lots of stratergy constint moving, more weapons than expected, good turn up of good as people, everyone preformed well and got to use something half decent.

Cons
    People need to start buying BBs now you can buy them off www.bbbullets.co.nz and www.battlesoft.co.nz . We will have some for sale sometimes. People were starting to get quite tired by the end of the day. Yeah we defintily need to modify the bang kill alot way to over used.

Mark was definitly the sneakest person on the battlefield and hes definitly going to come back. I thought he did rather well for his first game and was willing to charge and get right into it.

A day of learning how to aim better and learning different stratergies and all that would be a good idea. and learning how to preform different tasks with different weapons.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:18 am