Ashhurst Tactical Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ashhurst Tactical Airsoft

The official forum for Ashhurst Tactical Airsoft members.

+3
bobmarley44
pota
Basic101
7 posters

WIP "Zombie" Game

Basic101
    Basic101
    Second lieutenant
    Second lieutenant

WIP "Zombie" Game Empty WIP "Zombie" Game

Post  Basic101 Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:59 pm

I've been thinking about how to make a zombie type game work recently, and this is the result:

What I think is a “zombie” is this: http://www.cracked.com/article_15643_p3.html so they aren’t really zombies at all, just very mad people. And this is more likely then dead people coming back to life.

Background WIP

The Rules:

The people who aren’t zombies, can only have springer pistols, the zombies are not armed.

The ratio should be about 4 or 5 zombies to 1 person. Is this too many zombies? Would 3 or 4 be better?

How The “Zombies” Act:

If you’re a zombie, you have to run (or walk fast). If you see a non-infected, you have to run towards him.

Starting The Game:

The non-infected have a 30 second head start, then the zombies have to go and find them.

Becoming Infected:

If a zombie comes within 2 to 3 metres (or bang kill range) of a non-infected person, he (the non-infected) slowly becomes a zombie (this take 30 seconds).

Killing Zombies:

Remember these “zombies” are just very mad people so they can be killed.
    If a zombie is hit twice it is dead. Is too easy for a mad person to killed? Or is it to hard?

Game Ends:

The game ends when either all the zombies are killed or the non-infected all become zombies.

Any comments or suggestions welcome.

Josh.

I'll be slowly changing and add things for while.

Last edited by Basic101 on Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:50 am; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixing Stuff. Still fixing stuff. Sigh lots to go)
    pota
    pota
    Major
    Major

WIP "Zombie" Game Empty Re: WIP "Zombie" Game

Post  pota Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:41 am

no the pistols should just drive them back not kill them and you should have to touch them in order to infect them otherwise pretty good i rekon thats all good ......play the game properly
    bobmarley44
    bobmarley44
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Post  bobmarley44 Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:11 am

man that is really good. and it sounds more like a zombie game to. good job, also i think it should be that the mad people have to be hit 3 times to die.(reasons for this is its more like the adrige video game and it gives zombies more of a chance. and put the zombie to human ratio down to 4:1 or 3:1
    Basic101
    Basic101
    Second lieutenant
    Second lieutenant

Post  Basic101 Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:53 am

pota wrote:no the pistols should just drive them back not kill them and you should have to touch them in order to infect them otherwise pretty good i rekon thats all good ......play the game properly

I thought of that, but you'd be pretty close with to a 200+ FPS pistol so I thought the bang kill range was fair.

If you've seen 28 days/28 weeks later you'll see what I mean, these aren't the undead, these normal people, just a little mad.

bobmarley44 wrote:man that is really good. and it sounds more like a zombie game to. good job, also i think it should be that the mad people have to be hit 3 times to die.(reasons for this is its more like the adrige video game and it gives zombies more of a chance. and put the zombie to human ratio down to 4:1 or 3:1

Yeah, I think so to.

Also, I'll add a background soon.
    Mikey
    Mikey
    Major
    Major

Post  Mikey Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:36 am

The pistol / spring pistol only rule would be excellant for that type of game Cool

To keep the pace you could have a 10 minute limit = a win for the surviving non-zombies.
    pota
    pota
    Major
    Major

Post  pota Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:32 pm

its not a zombie game if they die its piont less
    Basic101
    Basic101
    Second lieutenant
    Second lieutenant

Post  Basic101 Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:47 pm

pota: Did you read the link?

The only way to kill real zombies is to shoot them in the head (everybody knows that). But since they aren't undead, you can kill them!

What I'm simulating, is a real breakout of Super Mad Cow Disease. Laughing

Svt40: Thats a good idea.
    Timothy T
    Timothy T
    Major
    Major

Post  Timothy T Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:13 pm

Well, I was going to argue but you did put zombies in quotation marks.

I think this will probably take a bit a fine tuning, howver, I definatley think that if you can't make it even then you should make it really hard for the non-infected. That way the zombies have fun and the non-infected get freaked out.

A good rule of thumb would be, if the non-infected are gonna die in the first minute then its too easy for the infected, and if the non-infected are nigh untouchable then the infected don't have enpugh durability.

Also, where on the field will this take place? A game on the trail is very differet to a game around the forts.

From what I've read so far its going to be a game where the infected are chasing the non-infectees? Or is it going to be a VCtrail type thing? A defend the fort type thing would be too easy for the non-infected but a defend the fort with the infected defending would be ok. They'd have to rely on surprise attacks and the ratio of infected to non-infected would be higher.

Howabout the infected start off around the fort and the non-infected start off in the loading area. The non-infected only have one life and they need to steal an ammocrate from the fort then make it along the VC trail to the end.

Still, a fort game would be pretty hard to balance.
    Timonkey
    Timonkey
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Post  Timonkey Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:11 am

Josh You are a clever one. But I think (just myself youre probably right) that Hunmans should get any gun, Zombies/maddo's cant die, and that once iin bangkill range humans just have to run or position themselves so as to safley drive them back Smile.
    Black Knight
    Black Knight
    Lance Corporal
    Lance Corporal

WIP "Zombie" Game Empty extream zombie games

Post  Black Knight Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:44 pm

My idea for zombie game

Set rules
    4 zombies to 1 non infected
    Zombie kill by touching non-infected
    Non-infected can only have pistols EBB or springier
    Zombies can run
    Zombies don’t have guns
    Non-infected can run
    Randomly generated zombies
    Non-infected join zombies when killed

Game 1: Zombie domination

Non-infected can work together but don’t start together
    Non-infected walk to opposite parts of the area
    Zombies start in centre
    Game ends when all non-infected become zombies

Game 2: zombie ambush

zombies Just in fort area for start
    zombies hide in area
    non infected have to retrieve a flag in zombie base
    and get to non-infected spawn point some where in vc trail area
    game ends when everyone is zombie or non-infected get flag and return it to spawn point.

Game 3: quick fire

Everybody starts with a pistol.
    Everybody starts in circle.
    Everybody gets a bit of paper saying if they are zombie or non-infected.
    Everybody can lie or just not say what they are.
    the killing begins zombie can’t use there guns.
    Non-infected shooting non infected by mistake or on purpose turns them into zombies
    Basically most people turn into zombies with a few people escaping into the bush.
    Game ends when everyone is zombie
    pota
    pota
    Major
    Major

Post  pota Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:28 am

you cant offichily call them zombies then silent
    Timothy T
    Timothy T
    Major
    Major

Post  Timothy T Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:22 am

Well, actually you can. Because the meaning of the word zombie has changed over the times.

Origonally it was just an obscure word used to describe a type of voodoo curse in which someone woud be poisoned to death by a withcdoctor and then brought to life by them to be a servant. They didn't eat anything and they didn;t really rot.

This changed when horror movies started being made and I think it was george romero who pioneered the definition of a zombie that eats flesh. There was also this other guy who brought in the idea of a virus.

These dudes kicked off a zombie craze thats gone on until it reached nowadays. In this present time we see magic as a stupid reason for undead (except in fantasy, which most zombie works claim not to be), we also know more about viruses and stuff, the idea that a virus xcould bring someone back to life is stupid.

So now we have zombies that arn't dead and are just normal people who happen to have a need for human flesh and are covered in a lot of blood.

In fact, in my zombie comic I'm making at gthe moment I'm delibratley leaving out the cause for the zombification cos they're all stupid.

So anyway, you can't really complain about the use of the word zombies. Heck, you have far more to complain about vampires *shudder* than zombies, which have reamained true to their origonal purpose which is to creep people out.
    pota
    pota
    Major
    Major

Post  pota Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:33 pm

so true but if you call them zombies then calling them undead whold not apply but umm ya i like black knights idea lol
    Timothy T
    Timothy T
    Major
    Major

Post  Timothy T Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:04 pm

Oh yeah, you definatley can't call the new version of zombie 'undead' cos that means that they were dead and ar now not or something. Like those Twilight vampires, they're not actaully dead so they're not undead, then again they don't have eny characteristics that make them vampires either (lack of canines, immune to sunlight, different method of killing them, made of diamonds and petrol, etc).

Whereas the zombies still conform to most of the requirements (covered in blood, blank stares, eating of flesh, smash their heads, etc).
    pota
    pota
    Major
    Major

Post  pota Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:40 pm

him well now they phisicly they are not dead but metaly there are there not thinking for them selves cant re strain there bodies but they where never dead so there not un dead

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:02 am