Ashhurst Tactical Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ashhurst Tactical Airsoft

The official forum for Ashhurst Tactical Airsoft members.

4 posters

The Mtrix VS Pirates of the Carribean

Timothy T
    Timothy T
    Major
    Major

The Mtrix VS Pirates of the Carribean Empty The Mtrix VS Pirates of the Carribean

Post  Timothy T Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:30 pm

Yes, i know I can't spell carribean. I'll just call it POTC from now on.

I just realised, the POTC is very similar to the Matrix.

Both were origonally one shot movies that did well and were turned into sequals.

Both of the second movies are made in such a way that they are nigh unviewable without the third. So, stand alone movie, and then one big movie split in two.

And both feature the main character "dying" and being sent to limbo where the other characters have to rescue him.

Aside from this they are pretty much unique but wow if it didn't blow my mind when i realised they were THAT alike.
    pota
    pota
    Major
    Major

The Mtrix VS Pirates of the Carribean Empty Re: The Mtrix VS Pirates of the Carribean

Post  pota Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:46 pm

well matrix is was more succesable as far as seqels as not potc started to die as soon as the sequle hit
    Mikey
    Mikey
    Major
    Major

The Mtrix VS Pirates of the Carribean Empty Re: The Mtrix VS Pirates of the Carribean

Post  Mikey Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:35 am

I regard the matrix sequesl as wtf moments that dont ever ned to be viewed again.
    whereas potc 2 and 3 were acceptable.... well, #2 was alright.
    Elle_Brock
    Elle_Brock
    Major
    Major

Post  Elle_Brock Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:43 am

I prefer the Matrix so much more that pirates of the carribean by miles.
    Timothy T
    Timothy T
    Major
    Major

Post  Timothy T Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:34 am

They're not so bad if you see them all in a row. Whereas the pirates of the carribean is blatantly a cash in the matrix is fairly coherent as a trilogy. I think I read somewhere that the reason that the 2nd and 3rd movies didn't do so well was that they were gonna be a single movie but it was decided that they would be streached out cos a trilogy a)is more recognisable and b)makes more money.

I agree with point a but disagree on point b.

Also, back to the future matches this too. A first movie, followed by 2 sequals that tie in together. You can watch the first movie by itself but not the second.
    Mikey
    Mikey
    Major
    Major

Post  Mikey Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:03 am

I view matrix 2 and 3 as cash in s as well, that took the fresh theme and rather than expanding just stayed inside the box and added layer upon layer of complexity, way beyond the ability to suspend disbelief. It ended up like the x-files, you knew that they were running out of ideas but were still trying to string you along as long as possible.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:36 am