Ashhurst Tactical Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ashhurst Tactical Airsoft

The official forum for Ashhurst Tactical Airsoft members.

4 posters

New guns have arrived!

Timothy T
    Timothy T
    Major
    Major

New guns have arrived! Empty New guns have arrived!

Post  Timothy T Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:46 am

I know Jonathan or Dad should be posting this (BTW, dad's joined, he's just done nothing) but they probably will not get around to it 'cos they are lazy bums.

The CA Steyr (rail version) and JG AK47 have arrived as well as some masks and robert b's EBB.

So more firepower!

I must say, I love the AK, it's not quite how I've always imagined it though. The gun is less chunky than I expected and the sights are smaller. The fake wood (Jonathan wanted fake wood cos 1, it's cheaper and 2, its lighter) is pretty good. It looks real but when you hold it doesn't feel like wood. It feels real nice and smooth though.

Dad's Steyr is pretty cool. It's not that the gun is ugly or anything but I prefer the green steyr to the black steyr dad has and the rail just doesn't look as cool as the scoped version. Plus the plastic and body and plastic mags are, plastic. I know that's how it is in real life but it still feels wierd.

Anyway, very cool and I'm sure Jonathan and Dad will hopefully talk more about their respective guns. Smile

Last edited by Tankmaster on Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
    Elle_Brock
    Elle_Brock
    Major
    Major

New guns have arrived! Empty Re: New guns have arrived!

Post  Elle_Brock Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:06 am

Lol at least they finally arrived it will be more like brag about them but thats besides the point. Yus Robert will have his own gun to use hes really getting into the hobby which is good as. I prefer the Wodern AK feels more real and the NZ army Steyr looks feels better. I must say though the classic army steyr AUG1 feels very much like the real thing this comes from actually holding the real thing
    Frank Gecko
    Frank Gecko
    Second lieutenant
    Second lieutenant

Post  Frank Gecko Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:09 am

timothy has no right to post about my ak and my dad's stryer. i like the plastic wood, it is bette then i thought it would be.
    Elle_Brock
    Elle_Brock
    Major
    Major

Post  Elle_Brock Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:11 am

Hes just voicing his opinion which I aggree with and you did not do it so he did.
    Frank Gecko
    Frank Gecko
    Second lieutenant
    Second lieutenant

Post  Frank Gecko Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:15 am

thats because he was hogging the computer and also he only saw them for like 5 minutes
    Elle_Brock
    Elle_Brock
    Major
    Major

Post  Elle_Brock Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:29 am

So 5min is enough to make a opinion I have seen both guns before so can make my opinion from that maybe you should post what you think of them and positives and negatives maybe even get a photo
    Timothy T
    Timothy T
    Major
    Major

Post  Timothy T Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:20 am

Jonathan, I was just announcing the arrival and giving my opinion. Your opinion counts for more and if you think that people need to know then post up your thoughts.

Good to see you like the plastic wood, I like it too. What else about the gun do you like/not like? What's your opinion on dad's steyr?
    Mikey
    Mikey
    Major
    Major

Post  Mikey Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:26 am

Excellant news!

Pictures are in order, although i might just have to pop over later for a quick peak.
    Timothy T
    Timothy T
    Major
    Major

Post  Timothy T Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:52 am

Oh yeah, they're awesome. It always surprises me how big the guns are though.

And heavy. I think Jonathan's AK may be heavyer than your G36. Not certain though. Don't know about dad's steyr, he hasn't let me hold it.
    Frank Gecko
    Frank Gecko
    Second lieutenant
    Second lieutenant

Post  Frank Gecko Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:45 am

i fired my ak today. i can't see the bbs untill like 40-60 metres away. the hop up on full makes the bbs go for around 200-350 metres away. will put some pictures up tomorrow when i can get a camera. also if you are sarced of my powerful gun, i will be down garding it to 350 fps instead of 410-420 fps. i love my dads styer. cool gun.
    Elle_Brock
    Elle_Brock
    Major
    Major

Post  Elle_Brock Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:47 am

lol you finally fired it if it does that it means its pretty darn powerful maybe even more than 410 but we will jsut say 410 for now. I do like steyrs but theres something about them that makes them cool. But thats only the NZ army one cause that one is extra cool.
    Mikey
    Mikey
    Major
    Major

Post  Mikey Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:00 am

Jono's distance judgement is a little ambitious, but the AK is indeed very grunty. In approx 20 shots at the tarseal every bb shattered and left a little cloud of dust, up to about 5 meters away. Very cool. And awesome trigger response too. It also dents FMS buildings, when there are no tanks watching Embarassed

I was able to track the bbs at about 20-25 meters, on a better lit day with a suitable background you would be able to track distance better. With a bit of luck you would be able ot lob bbs from the fms wheelchair carpark to the far boundary corner nearest my house. I bet jono he couldnt hit my letterbox from there... but with enough rounds and a light tailwind i think he could have done it. Its prety awesome, and the plastic stock is good. Light, solid, looks like wood even up close, and wont mind getting damp. Whole gun looks very nice, i am quite impressed. THe carbine length AUG is good too. I still dont like the looks of the AUG but the size, weight and balance make for a really good practical package. I can almost see the RDS on top of it already.
    Frank Gecko
    Frank Gecko
    Second lieutenant
    Second lieutenant

Post  Frank Gecko Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:03 am

so my judgement is a bit off. still an awsome gun. i will hit your letter box one day and win the bet but i will have no prof unless i dent it like you dented the FMS buildings
    Elle_Brock
    Elle_Brock
    Major
    Major

Post  Elle_Brock Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:21 am

you guys continue on with your bets please upload some pics of your guns. The carbine length would be useful for CQB and green ops fields. How much power does the Steyr Clock
    Timothy T
    Timothy T
    Major
    Major

Post  Timothy T Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:00 am

Um, it's Classic Army so what ever that is.

Also, it looks awesome with a scope mounted.

The Steyr is pretty much the perfect gun. Suck it lefties! (actually not as its ambidextrous, why are you complaining?)
    Mikey
    Mikey
    Major
    Major

Post  Mikey Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:42 am

It suits my lefthanded ways just fine, and its also the rifle equivilent of the ergonomic keyboard. In fact its so ambidextrous and ergonomic joseph tried it left and righthanded without even thinking.
    Timothy T
    Timothy T
    Major
    Major

Post  Timothy T Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:36 am

Yeah, I know, it's pretty much perfect. There just seems to be people on the internet who hate bullpups as if the devil invented them. Personally, I think they are the future of armed combat.

I mean, with dad's bullpup I just pick up the gun and my eyes are automatically in the right place for looking down the sights. It's so easy.

Also very easy to hold and aim too.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:58 am