Ashhurst Tactical Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ashhurst Tactical Airsoft

The official forum for Ashhurst Tactical Airsoft members.

5 posters

Me - Dads Army

Dads Army
    Dads Army
    Corporal
    Corporal

Me - Dads Army Empty Me - Dads Army

Post  Dads Army Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:58 am

Hi all, Mr T here. "Dads Army" is my user name in CNC. i love stratergy games and that user name is my stamp. It has no association with the comic TV series or that i happen to be a Dad.

Anyway i am really enjoying the gaming and the stratergy in the battles.

Cheers Mr T
    Timothy T
    Timothy T
    Major
    Major

Me - Dads Army Empty Re: Me - Dads Army

Post  Timothy T Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:13 am

Hello dad. Good to see you've gone on.

Why is your avatar a gremlin?
    Elle_Brock
    Elle_Brock
    Major
    Major

Post  Elle_Brock Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:23 am

yes gooday welcome to the basement where all the crazys hangout. Na not really welcome to the ATA forums good to see ya on here. Good old days of CNC generals to often I loved those days so need to have a game of that sometime to make up for old times sake.
    Dads Army
    Dads Army
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post  Dads Army Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:27 pm

Why a gremlin - well they are cute and cuddly but.... Things can get ugly on the battlfield!
    Mikey
    Mikey
    Major
    Major

Post  Mikey Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:22 am

Never ever feed him after dark! He might take a sudden turn for the worse!

BTW, this is mike aka SVT40, aka whatver next.
    Timonkey
    Timonkey
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Post  Timonkey Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:39 pm

Yes. Svt40, or should I say SVD40! omygosh! so original!!
    Dads Army
    Dads Army
    Corporal
    Corporal

Me - Dads Army Empty Tee Hee - Gremlins - SAS Training

Post  Dads Army Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:36 am

This is an extract out of the NZ Army SAS - Completing SAS Training...

By Captain Alexandrina Bojilova, NZSAS psychologist

"Over the years I have come to realise that what motivates some, can be detrimental to others. Hence, all I can do for you is tell you the stories of those who have attempted selection; signal some of the self-defeating thoughts to look out for; tell you about some of the thought processes of those who have completed selection and hope you’ll get to test the substance of these bits of knowledge yourselves. So here are a few tips on how to fight the “gremlins” of self-doubt, hunger and physical pain based on the stories of those who have attempted selection.

The gremlins are examples of your self-preservation instinct working at its best. The gremlin of hunger tells you that if you don’t stop, you will starve yourself to death; the gremlin of pain tells you that if you don’t withdraw voluntarily, the discomfort you feel in your knee now will become a life-long injury; the gremlin of self-doubt tells you that serving with the SAS is not for you; and the gremlin which creates excuses in your mind, telling you that your “Mrs” will hate living in Auckland, that attempting selection was only your mates’ idea all along and you never really wanted it.

The first gremlin we typically see during selection is that of anxiety and self-doubt. We often see it emerge in the interview during pre-selection when candidates appear nervous and start telling us reasons why they are not well prepared or how their alternative options are also quite appealing. Often we can see anticipation and self-doubt mounting to a cloud of self-distractive anxiety and candidates say to us “all I want is to start selection and get it over with.” Some candidates shut themselves off, go into their heads and run themselves through what they think selection will feel like. Then, we may see fit, motivated, intelligent men come to the first day of selection and ’blow it’. They have ‘broken’ themselves before they even got to the start line because the anxiety and mental self-destruction has eaten away at their precious pool of adrenaline."

CHEEERS and CHEERS for gremlins!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:56 pm