Ashhurst Tactical Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ashhurst Tactical Airsoft

The official forum for Ashhurst Tactical Airsoft members.

3 posters

Got an idea...

FullAuto
    Staff Sergeant
    Staff Sergeant

Got an idea... Empty Got an idea...

Post  FullAuto Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:04 pm

I have an idea for games that have a limited number of respawns...

That is, each player in the team that has limited spawns could carry tickets or tokens equal to the number of spawns allowed. e.g. 5 spawns = 5 tokens. I was thinking that something like poker chips would work well. The only downside to this would be that each team would need a noncombatant or even a medic to give/receive the tokens. This would discourage cheating and eliminate the need for players to "remember" how many spawns they have left.
    The token system would (I believe) make for short games and also encourage better use of tactics and a bit more caution. Especially when one has only so many lives to play with. These rule sets would probably be better suited to larger games. (maybe 10+ players per side)

PLAYER RESPAWN SYSTEM (PRS rules)
    (Medic optional, one Medic per 10 players on team)
    (One team has tokens, opposing team has unlimited spawn. OR: both teams have tokens)

Each player has X number of tokens.
    Upon death player returns to base/calls for medic and gives one token to respawn.
    Respawn is instant, as soon as token is given over.
    When all tokens are gone, player is out of game.
    Players who run out of tokens should wait in staging area, or OFF the field.
    When all players have run out of tokens, game over.

Win Conditions:
    Objective achieved.
    Reducing opposing teams spawns to zero. (only if opposing team is NOT using unlimited respawn)

MEDIC RULES If medic is being used:

Medic has unlimited respawns, but if shot, must stay down for X amount of time. (e.g. 10 secs)
    Medic may be armed ONLY with pistol (any type, springer, GBB, EBB)
    Medic's priority is keeping his team alive, and not getting stuck in firefights.
    Medic should also carry a bag from which to give/receive tokens. (or dump pouch, whatever)
    (TRS only) If the Medic runs out of tokens, he may RTB and get more, if there's any left. If there are no tokens left, then the Medic is out of the game.

The token system could also work another way:

TEAM RESPAWN SYSTEM (TRS rules)
    (Medic optional, one Medic per 10 players on team)
    (Both teams have tokens)

Both teams should have same number of tokens
    Spawn tokens are kept in a bucket at teams spawn site.
    The total number of spawns allowed to team = number of tokens in bucket.
    Each time a player is killed, they return to base/call Medic and draw another token.
    Respawn is instant, as soon as token is acquired.
    Players who find that there are no more tokens left to draw are out of the game and should wait off the field.
    When no tokens remain, and no players are left alive, game over man! Game Over!

Win conditions:
    Objective achieved.
    Capturing an enemy teams' base/bucket.
    Reducing opposing teams spawns to zero.

If, in the event that a player drops or loses any tokens... Tough. That's life, get used to it.
    Having a noncombatant by the bucket would ensure fair play. (though not essential)
    In TRS, a medic could also be used as a form of "mobile bucket", just don't give the medic all the tokens!
    If a medic is to be used in TRS, then follow MEDIC RULES as above.

Notes:
    Each method has its pro's and cons. PRS games can be used as a fast version of team deathmatch or, they really need to have an objective; bomb something, capture something, whatever. Having a limited number of spawns ensures that the teams try to achieve their objective(s). It also allows the team to carry on to the last man, since tokens are carried by each player. Sneaky players will probably live longer, so a time limit per game may need to be enforced.
    TRS games are a bit different, as each teams is drawing spawns from a collective pool. This means that the game could quickly turn into a battle of attrition. The other win conditions could also massively swing the fight in a new direction too.
    Having a Medic (or Medics) in either game also changes things a bit. A medic should try to keep his team alive as much as possible, and not get caught in firefights. (hence the pistol only rule) In PRS or TRS having a Medic attached to a squad could be a huge tactical advantage, as you wouldn't have to wait very long to respawn. In TRS here is no reason why you couldn't have more than one Medic and spread the tokens between them. Regardless of the number of Medics, there must be a respawn bucket at your base. Even if there are no tokens in it.

Man, I type a lot.
    catfish123
    catfish123
    Warrent Officer
    Warrent Officer

Got an idea... Empty Re: Got an idea...

Post  catfish123 Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:54 pm

Sounds good since we have fair amount of people it could work. I dont have poker chips haha. but sounds good id like to try it.
    FullAuto
    Staff Sergeant
    Staff Sergeant

Post  FullAuto Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:59 am

Doesn't have to be poker chips... we could all get om the piss and save the bottle tops. lol! Well, those of us who are legally allowed anyway.
    catfish123
    catfish123
    Warrent Officer
    Warrent Officer

Post  catfish123 Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:48 am

Ive got a few tui caps haha could use those
    Mikey
    Mikey
    Major
    Major

Post  Mikey Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:51 am

Couple of similar ideas exist already, but a 'poker run' game is an option Smile

We have had the medic armed with a box of matches. while in contact with dead person medic has to light and extinguish match. When matchbox is empty no more respawns. Matches are pre-counted.

Tokens were Clay targets - objective was to get as many clays as possible across the 'river' to the safehouse. If shot the clay had to be broken and discarded, if you got alive to the safe house you left your clay there (they counted towards the next game) and could return for another one.

I used both these in the ww2 game
    FullAuto
    Staff Sergeant
    Staff Sergeant

Post  FullAuto Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:06 am

I was fairly sure that my idea probably isn't that original. Really I just wanted write a small novel. Smile
    catfish123
    catfish123
    Warrent Officer
    Warrent Officer

Post  catfish123 Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:12 am

Oh yeah that was good i renmber doing that for the germans. Funny thing is I got Army matches. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:31 am