Ashhurst Tactical Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ashhurst Tactical Airsoft

The official forum for Ashhurst Tactical Airsoft members.

+4
kingmark
Elle_Brock
Mikey
Timothy T
8 posters

Timothy's Fun Shooty Good Action Day

Timothy T
    Timothy T
    Major
    Major

Timothy's Fun Shooty Good Action Day Empty Timothy's Fun Shooty Good Action Day

Post  Timothy T Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:30 am

It's not fully confirmed or anything but it looks like Saturday the 8th of May (Week 3 of term 2) is the day. If the weather is crap then it will be postponed til the next week which is may 15th for those who can't add 7.

I'm probably expecting too much but people will be required to confirm that they can come, no ifs, no buts. Garenteed coming. Mainly because some of the missions involve teams as small as four. If you put your name down as coming and then don't turn up then your team is severly diadvantaged.

So, contact me either by email, phone, person or right in this thread to confirm you can come. I know it's quite a while away but I've announced it so people hear of the airsoft first and so are able to avoid being commited to anything else on the day.

The plan is. Arrive at Elle's by 10:15. Leave for field at 10:45. Start gaming at 11:00 and not stop until 4:30. Then there will be a half hour wind up where people can chat an stuff cos there will be no time for idle talk during the day. Just an experiment to see if a slower wind up will ensure that less items are lost and to try keep the talking between breaks to a minimum.

If I am overwhelmed with names put forward to play I will only take the first 16. Sorry, unless the number of players reaches 24 then they can play.

Basic Game rules will be different on the day too:

There will be no Bang! kills. Only knife kills. These often become contested and even if they don't develop into arguements I feel that they slow the game down somewhat. So my sincerest apologies if you get screwed on the day because of this. Just trying new things.

If you are reloading you can be shot. I think this is a rule already.

No surrenders. Instead participants will just call Hit! as if hit and count as dead from then on with all the applications of whatever scenario rules are in place. Surrenders don't happen often, but when they do the attacker often is confused or doesn't hear it and so ends up shooting the surrendee anyway. Doesn't go down well.

I have all the missions orginised but these will not be made known to the player until all four teams are orginised. They are designed with fun, speed and team tactics in mind. Each mission will be 10 minutes long, if you can do it in counterstrike you can do it here. Each mission will be replayed 4 times. If everyone remains on time and doesn't dawdle then there will be time after all the missions have been played through to revisit the more fun ones.

Once all for teams are orginsed a random leader will be chosen. This leader makes the final decision on every tatic. There will be four teams. Each will have a leader. For some games two teams will combine to form two squads. Whichever leader of the two squads is older will be the supreme leader.

Also, I'm trying out a new form of discipline. Again, probably won't work but just trying out new things.

Anyone breaking a rule can be reported to the games orginiser (me) between rounds. If there was a second witness then the offending player must sit out the next round.

Rule Breaking Includes (but is not limited to):
    Removal of eyewear.
    Firing within minimum engagement
    Firing at or near someone (doesn't need to hit) between rounds.
    More than one accidental discharge of a weapon between rounds.
    Firing at a marshal
    Seriously breaking a scenario rule, eg, carrying more than one flag.
    Impersonating the enemey. (Yeah, I know it happens in real life, this is not a real life)
    Not dying
    Dangerous Blind Firing

Basically, if it's Dangerous, Dishonest or Dumb its on offense.

So if anyone wants in just put your name up. You don't need to be certain or anything just yet.

If anyone has any suggestions or thoughts (however mean) please post them. However, they must have reasons behind them.
    Mikey
    Mikey
    Major
    Major

Timothy's Fun Shooty Good Action Day Empty Re: Timothy's Fun Shooty Good Action Day

Post  Mikey Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:04 am

Im in. Didnt read all the rules - but im sure theyre sensible.
    Elle_Brock
    Elle_Brock
    Major
    Major

Timothy's Fun Shooty Good Action Day Empty Re: Timothy's Fun Shooty Good Action Day

Post  Elle_Brock Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:06 am

Shall be there remmeber you have to modivate me to play muahhahahahaha this could be fun.
    kingmark
    kingmark
    Staff Sergeant
    Staff Sergeant

Post  kingmark Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:16 am

How many people are in at the moment? Question
    Elle_Brock
    Elle_Brock
    Major
    Major

Post  Elle_Brock Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:25 am

hmmmm so no bang kills interesting that means no fps limits muahahahaha taht could be loads of fun just kidding. Him no surrendering thinks that is just stupied but meh shall see how it works.
    Mikey
    Mikey
    Major
    Major

Post  Mikey Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:02 am

Replacing bang kills with knife kills sounds like fun.
    Elle_Brock
    Elle_Brock
    Major
    Major

Post  Elle_Brock Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:07 am

remind me to bring that kitchen knife I need to get really good knife kills make it look good with the head missing hmmmm.
    Timothy T
    Timothy T
    Major
    Major

Post  Timothy T Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:02 am

Uhh, is this Elle? You sure Ray hasn't got a hold of your account?

Clarification: No Bang! kills means that if someone is within you engagement distance you have four options: Use a sidearm on them, run away out of engagement distance, hide from them and hope they move further away, or just 'surrender' i.e. call a hit.

At the moment no one is in. That's to be expected cos its a wee while away.

From current game participation I'd say there's probably a group of 8 or 10 players who I can reasonably say they are coming and about 6 or 8 players who are iffy. Then there's the randoms who are hit and miss. So expected participation is 12 but optimistic is 16 and a miracle is 24.

Sorry about being pedantic with the number of players. While a little bit of imbalance will not ruin the game the main reason I'm doing this is so people will be able to know who is their team and what tatic they're gonna try before the day. So hopefully this will cut down on team killing (if not team killing then that awful uncertainty you get between spotting a person and saying hi and them saying hi back) and also cut down on in game tactic discussions which often prove pointless and result in uncoherant team play. Not that people can't go out and have fun but sometimes one person's fun can interfere with another's. So while one guy might be having great fun being a lone wolf (nothing wrong with that, my favorite style of play) the rest of the team may be having a hard time. Most of the games will involves teams of 4 or even 3 so if one team member isn't pulling their wieght that's gonna cut down on the effectiveness of the team.

Not to say people can't have fun. If you're team is like-minded you could even decide your stratgey for the day will be do your own thing and have fun. It might even work, you never know. And even if you lose you're still gonna have fun.
    Dads Army
    Dads Army
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post  Dads Army Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:12 am

affraid Count me in!
    Timothy T
    Timothy T
    Major
    Major

Post  Timothy T Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:01 am

*Bump*
    Frank Gecko
    Frank Gecko
    Second lieutenant
    Second lieutenant

Post  Frank Gecko Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:09 am

I will be there unless something bad happens to me or something good happens to me, probably going be bad.
    nz3rdsqr
    nz3rdsqr
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Post  nz3rdsqr Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:17 am

what about throwing knife kills?
    Timothy T
    Timothy T
    Major
    Major

Post  Timothy T Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:47 am

If you wish to buy plastic knives to throw then be my guest. Just let me know on the day so I can announce it.
    Dads Army
    Dads Army
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post  Dads Army Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:02 am

...and spoon grenades, ... what about pitch forks?
    pota
    pota
    Major
    Major

Post  pota Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:45 am

not calling hits howevr doesnt put i touch on the game if its over worked its gay but maby if you get hit in VITAL EAREA IE CHEST HEAD.THEN DEATH.BUT SOEMTIMES ITS FUN TO KEEP HITTING THEM RATHER THEN THEM KILL YOUR FUN BY YELLING HIT

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:07 am