Ashhurst Tactical Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ashhurst Tactical Airsoft

The official forum for Ashhurst Tactical Airsoft members.

5 posters

The all important SMG thread

Poll

Favourite SMG

[ 3 ]
    The all important SMG thread Bar_left27%The all important SMG thread Bar_right [27%] 
    [ 2 ]
    The all important SMG thread Bar_left18%The all important SMG thread Bar_right [18%] 
    [ 1 ]
    The all important SMG thread Bar_left9%The all important SMG thread Bar_right [9%] 
    [ 4 ]
    The all important SMG thread Bar_left36%The all important SMG thread Bar_right [36%] 
    [ 0 ]
    The all important SMG thread Bar_left0%The all important SMG thread Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    The all important SMG thread Bar_left0%The all important SMG thread Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    The all important SMG thread Bar_left9%The all important SMG thread Bar_right [9%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 11
    Mikey
    Mikey
    Major
    Major

The all important SMG thread Empty The all important SMG thread

Post  Mikey Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:38 am

What is the worlds favourite machine gun ??

The armour piecing P90 with its ultra-compact size and 50rd firepower ?

The original trench broom/Gangster era Thompson ?

The classic MP5 ?

The famous mass produced and ultra-reliable PPSh-41 ?

The cheap-but-reliable Sten ?

THe hollywood darling UZI ?

The unusal and original Jati-matic ?

The minuture-kalashnikov that is the skorpion ??

THe Suomi .... most agree WW2's best desgin ?

Or the wierd, ugly-but-oh-so-very-functional Owen gun ?

Damn.... you can only have 10 poll options. I guess the MP40 misses out ;(
    bobmarley44
    bobmarley44
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

The all important SMG thread Empty Re: The all important SMG thread

Post  bobmarley44 Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:47 am

aw it was a hard choice between the p90,Ppsh and jatimatic. i chose the Ppsh though because i destroyed evry1 on COD5 today hehe. they are soo kool. and there ROF can almost match the p90 although they had no semi function and a crap safty they were still one of the turn arounds for the russians in WWII. i think i want one. with the 71 round drum mag and rectangular barrel cover!!!!
    Mikey
    Mikey
    Major
    Major

Post  Mikey Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:55 am

The ppsh has a perfectly functional semi-auto mode, but yes the safety is a bit happy go lucky.

Its my favourite too, although the Thompson is a close second.
    bobmarley44
    bobmarley44
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Post  bobmarley44 Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:02 am

oh did it? in common russian sense why would they need that? oooooh thats right one gets the ammo the other gets the gun lol. in perfect sense they would of been able to churn out alot more if they didnt need to do the semi. but i guess at the time they wernt in as much crisis as when they made the pps-42 and 43
    Elle_Brock
    Elle_Brock
    Major
    Major

Post  Elle_Brock Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:06 am

Definitly the PPsh is the best SMG even though it is the post horrible thing to hold it is so darn reliable and just looks so cool. just Wish the Russians had orrrigonally put a fore grip in front of the mag would have helped so much. The PPsh is still been used today it was used in WW2 by both the Russian and German forces very effectivly thats why so many Germans stole one caus they were jsut so damn good. Also the Viet Minh used them during the first indo China war against the French with full effect.
    bobmarley44
    bobmarley44
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Post  bobmarley44 Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:11 am

yes theres no doubt its one of the best subs out there. no matter how cheap russians are they still seem to make some of the best guns. they even made the almight kalashnikov ak47s
    Mikey
    Mikey
    Major
    Major

Post  Mikey Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:06 am

The russians knocked out over 6 million ppshs as it was, making it the most prolific smp as well as many other wins. The pps was the result more a result of dire shortages of material (and the isolation of leningrad).

Just so this gets as off topic as the assault rifle thread Wink look up the fedorov. Speaking of russian weapon deisn ingenuity The first ever assault rifle that predated WW1, complete with intermediate-power cartridge, detachable hi-cap mag and forward pistol grip. They made enought to equip one regiment or so.
    Elle_Brock
    Elle_Brock
    Major
    Major

Post  Elle_Brock Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:19 am

I have looked up that fedorov rifle. Its actually really interesting I would love to see a real thing. If that the Russians had there revoultion later on then they could have produced so much more of these rifles. What I would like to know is how reliable are they are whats there rate of fire and how much maintance does it need. The PPSH is still the best SMG just like the AK47 been one of the best assault rifles. If that the Russians did not destroy all those PPSHs
    Timothy T
    Timothy T
    Major
    Major

Post  Timothy T Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:48 am

The russian one, The one I can't spell.

Also, isnt the uzi an auto-pistol rather than an smg. Cos the MAC-10 ain't there. And I would have voted for that one.
    Mikey
    Mikey
    Major
    Major

Post  Mikey Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:17 am

The mac10 suffered the same fate as the MP-40, there wasnt room Wink
    Elle_Brock
    Elle_Brock
    Major
    Major

Post  Elle_Brock Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:51 pm

Arg silly polls not allowing us to have enough weapons up there.
    Timothy T
    Timothy T
    Major
    Major

Post  Timothy T Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:09 pm

Although my question still stands. Is there a difference betwwen autopistols and Smgs?

Or are autopistols a sub set of the smg family?

If you made a uzi that fired supersonic rounds would it be a sub-macine gun or would it be a something else?
    Elle_Brock
    Elle_Brock
    Major
    Major

Post  Elle_Brock Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:34 pm

Automatic pistols are generally smaller than SEGS are are ususally in form of a pistol eg Glock 18c

Auto pistols sort of are a sub set of the smg family cause they are basically automaitc pistols.

The Uzi already is a smg its the micro uzi that isn't so does not need other rounds to be fired with it
    Mikey
    Mikey
    Major
    Major

Post  Mikey Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:50 am

Tankmaster wrote:Although my question still stands. Is there a difference betwwen autopistols and Smgs?

Or are autopistols a sub set of the smg family?

If you made a uzi that fired supersonic rounds would it be a sub-macine gun or would it be a something else?

Go away already......... Taupo sounds great! No, jst kidding.

all definitions are dificult because theres always some gray areas. But i would suggest that an SMG originated as a shoulder fired automatic chambering a pistol caibre cartridge. It would be intended to be fired held with both hands. Supersonic rounds are fine, many are, including the ppsh and p90. Some have dispensed with the shoulder stock, eg mp5k. It would be designed to fire many hundreds of rounds without issue.

An autopistol is an fully automatic pistol (from a design intended to be fired with one hand). It would be intended to fire on full auto only briefly, as by design it would not handle heat build up very well at all.
    bobmarley44
    bobmarley44
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Post  bobmarley44 Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:32 am

ONE MORE PERSON! then we can break that stupid record of 5 people online! muhahahahaha
    Elle_Brock
    Elle_Brock
    Major
    Major

Post  Elle_Brock Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:56 am

Yes jsut one more person hmm we need 6 we have 4 atm jsut two more yeahhh come on. Back on topic
    pota
    pota
    Major
    Major

Post  pota Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:28 pm

yes' the ppsh are incredibly cool with its 71 rounds and all ;but as expland by cod they have not egnough roundsto be isshued by the russins so they where costomized to fit mp40 rounds dont cha no also ithink tomsons fire shot gun shells thats why it got my vote but im not surprised by how menny voted for ppsh
    Mikey
    Mikey
    Major
    Major

Post  Mikey Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:35 am

Thompson is .45 cal, which is a very large hole, but it dont fire no shotgun shells.

Dont believe ppsh ever had mp40 mags adapted to it. zTired.Cant brain
    Elle_Brock
    Elle_Brock
    Major
    Major

Post  Elle_Brock Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:03 am

Although the Germans did make a model of the ppsh that could use the German 9mm rounds so it would be cheaper for them they also tried to use several other rounds with it. Why would you want to use a mp40 mag on a ppsh it already has a 71 round mag and it would take to much work to do something really pointless. After reading a bit more i would say the Suomi KP31 would be the best gun cause the Russians pretty much copied the Finnish gun apart from costing more than the ppsh to produce is actually better. Although a late vote it now takes mine.
    Mikey
    Mikey
    Major
    Major

Post  Mikey Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:08 am

zee germans did convert some to 9mm znd reissued them tp germon forces.

Zee suomi was the basis for the PPD (expensive) which was the basis for the PPsh (cheap and relable)
    bobmarley44
    bobmarley44
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Post  bobmarley44 Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:20 pm

yessss uh what he said. the PPsH also had a 35round box mag to although they are hardly used in games.
    pota
    pota
    Major
    Major

Post  pota Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:08 am

games? olny you and russhins are dum eghnfe tto pley wif ral guuns butt i read a litte more on it and it was "costomized "(wich is the russhin way of saying "we stole the idea")to fitt the mp40 round latter on in the war because the the russins where only given one mag for the ppsh as it had 71 round so the russhins must have been real trigger happy or something to emptey that meny but they wernt expected to live that long so they thought they may as well not wast the rounds then a privit who gose by the name of (thgkfggvfgfffhgj.........something russhon) "broke the gunn " and the new ppsh was born. and the tompson thing was my mistake it dose not fire shot gun shells its class as a shot gun i dont know how but aprintrley it is but dont take my word as gossbile cose im going by stuff i found on the nett tongue
    Mikey
    Mikey
    Major
    Major

Post  Mikey Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:19 am

I think you are mixed up with the german conversions of captured guns

http://www.ppsh41.com/ppsh2.html

They fitted new barrels and an adapter to fit their own mp40 mags. The russians were way aheead, SOP was to enter battle with a 71 round drum in the gun and 4x 35rd stick mags for backup (drums were slow to change, so after it was used up they dropped it and switched to to the stick mags, which were easier to swap in and out. The germans were quite impressed with the ppsh, its rate of fire, its rather grunty ammo (highest velocity and range of any ww2 subgun) and its reliability, and picked them up when they could.

Dont believe the propaganda about underequipped and suicidal russians. Yes the russian army sufffered heavy losses and struggled under the german onslaught to begin with, but they soon got their shit together and rolled the german wehrmacht (who had blitzed so many other countries in short order) all the way back to berlin. In fact They got so much shit together and had so much momentum they turned from a starving backward agricultural dictatorship into the 2nd biggest superpower in the world after the USA.
    pota
    pota
    Major
    Major

Post  pota Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:56 am

lol you obviosly know yore stuff butt cant help and wonder why the russhins didnt do it first because they where obvously didnt have egnough ammo to go round (pun) in there in juinutive spirt i thougt they whould have done it first tongue
    bobmarley44
    bobmarley44
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Post  bobmarley44 Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:21 am

yes he does know his stuff. and from reading that artical i found out more.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:14 am